Next Meeting and Bylaws
There are two scheduled Parent Council meetings a year (one each semester). There may also be a few special meetings called as the need arises throughout the year. According to our charter, our council is made up of 29 members who serve 2 year terms. The Parent Council Subcommittees are: accreditation, graduation, group educational activities, grants, yearbook, fundraising, and volunteer coordination.
The Role of the Parent Council Member:
- Uphold the mission of school
- Develop/approve short and long term goals
- Monitor school's performance
- Monitor own performance
- Be involved in the accreditation process
- Serve for a two year term
- Plan to attend all council meetings
- Make suggestions to improve school
- True to school's mission, not personal agenda
- Be positive!