May 21, 2020
8th Grade 5pm | High school 7pm
Scottish Rite Masonic Center
6151 H Street
Information for Everyone:
- Our 2019 South Sutter Graduation ceremonies will be held on May 21, 2020 at Scottish Rite Masonic Center, 6151 H Street, Sacramento, CA.
- Our 8th grade ceremony will start promptly at 5:00 pm followed by our 12th graders at 7:00 pm. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the ceremony time for check-in as the ceremony will start on time!
- All participating students are asked to wear something dressy. There is no guest limit for families attending.
Information for High School Graduates Only:
- All participating seniors are required to fill out the graduation form emailed to all parents.
- Parents must purchase a cap and gown with the help of their ES by April 1, 2020.
- Upon completion of school requirements for graduation, School Diplomas will be mailed within 2 months of the graduation date. Contact the IEM office immediately at 800-979-4436 to report a change of address or telephone number so there is no problem with receipt of a Diploma.
- Transcripts may be requested by filling out the Transcript Request Form.
Descriptions of Awards/Honors Given Out
- Honor Roll is awarded to students earning a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 and above after 1st semester of the student’s graduating year.
- The Biliteracy Seal is recognition from the State Superintendent of Public Instruction of graduating high school students who have attained a high level of proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing in one or more languages in addition to English. Students must either pass the Advanced Placement exam in a foreign language or complete 4 years of study of a foreign language with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation's premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character.. Membership in our schools' chapter is open to students in grades 10-12, who have at least a 3.0 grade point average, and have also demonstrated high standards of service, leadership and character.
- A-G Completion: This honor is given to students who complete an a-g course of study.
- Golden State Merit Award: The CDE will let us know what the requirements are for the 2018-19 school year.
- The Mathematics Achievement Award is awarded to graduates who have successfully completed at least 30 units of Mathematics while in High School (grades 9-12).